This site is constantly being updated so check back for site changes and updates!
A Festival for filmmakers by filmmakers
No Entry Fees For Business
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
While most film festivals are only out for a quick buck, the 1st Annual Detroit Independent Film Festival is a film festival started by Independent filmmakers for Independent Filmmakers.
The DIFF Will be a five night film festival dedicated to screening the very best short films from Michigan and across the world. Held at the large art-house/independent going area of Detroit, MI at the new Burton Film Theatre. The festival will honor awards, screen engaging shorts, and draw in a movie going audience.
As filmmakers ourselves, we believe in no entry fees either, please submit today.
The films will be judged by members of DIFF with film backgrounds both in film theory and filmmaking.
The Michigan Film Awards will be judged by film professors based in local universities and colleges. Other awards for acting, cinematography, and writing will be judged by industry professionals.
1) All film submissions must be shipped no later than the respective deadline December 30th, 2009. We have an extended deadline as well for January 15th, 2010, this is for features and domestic/international shorts only.
2) There is no entry fee to this festival, however we take donations of any kind to help the festival grow.
3) All films must be submitted on DVD, either NTSC or PAL. All films must also be labeled with Title, Running Time, Tracking # and Region.
4) The following materials must be included with the DVD, Entry materials will not be returned. Incomplete or works in progress will not be considered.
5) Send all e-mails to email@example.com
6) All Films must be completed no later then January 2009
7) To qualify for the 2010 Michigan Film Awards, each entry must be a short or feature film produced in the State of Michigan. Each short must have been completed in 2009 and screened on the festival circuit in 2009. Nominations for each category include Best Feature, Michigan Short, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Original Score, and Best Academic Short.
8) If Selected we encourage each filmmaker to bring postcards, posters, and dvd copies of their work.
9) Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping instructions, questions, or concerns.
Don't pass up a festival with free entries.
Support indie filmmaking!